The South Christian Youth Football Program is located in Byron Center, MI. We are a tackle football program for kids starting in 4th grade and ending after their 8th grade season. We are also introducing a hybrid - flag and tackle program for 3rd graders starting in the fall of 2020. Players do not have to attend a Christian school to participate in our program. The 4th – 6th grade teams are a member of the West Michigan Junior Football League. Our 7th and 8th grade teams participate in the West Michigan Middle School Football League.
To develop Christian young men with a passion for football, specifically South Christian football. To provide a safe and fun environment which allow us to teach the skills and concepts to be successful on the field that also carry over to being successful in life.
· #1 Goal is to have fun – we consider it a successful season if we’ve made the game so much fun that kids want to play it again next year
· To teach and put an emphasis on player safety – heads up tackling (Hawk Tackling)
· Strong emphasis on the fundamentals of the game at an early age
· We are dedicated to teaching the kids through positive role models – providing great coaches
· To help our kids become leaders and good teammates - football is the ultimate team sport
· We will build each other up as strong Christian Young Men
· We will lay the groundwork for developing Varsity Football Players
· We will strive to improve each week, outworking our opponents, executing at a high level, and learning what it takes to win football games
· To represent the South Christian name with Pride and Dignity